Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No More Breaking Down

Well, I know we've said "we bought a car/motorcycle" so many times, and then we really haven't, that it seems like we own 5 cars. Well, we have ONE car and now ONE motorcycle. We decided that since we had a car that seems to be prone to problems, we'd get a new motorcycle! It's out first new vehicle ever (and it cost about $1400 US!).

Motorcycles here are actually scooters. I read an article that over 95% of the motorcycles here are scooters (meaning they don't have a clutch... they just have an automatic, centrifugal clutch). Although I like my American roots of bigger is better, here, they go for the practical. 150cc is big, and 100cc is average.

My bike is a new Honda Wave 100R. It has a 100cc, 4 stroke engine. The transmission is a 4 speed. We opted to pay a bit more to get a front disc brake (normally a drum) with larger tires. The bike is dark red and black and has plenty of zip to it.

We will use it for going around town and short trips. I will probably use it when I go meet friends, but most of our longer driving will be done with the car. Check out the video and hear it roar!


For more info and the official bike site, go here: http://www.boonsiew.com.my/HondaMotorcycles/Products/wave100/index.htm