Saturday, February 22, 2014

Make Up Party

The first ones to arrive

Doing a make up quiz

The make up artist and co-host of the party who also happens to be our neighbor

I was the model. We focused on showing different eye shadow looks and eye liner styles (as well as how to apply make up, etc.)

Here is a friend picking the make up artist's brain. Actually, this friend is always asking me to show her how to do make up was my inspiration for throwing the party.

I never got a full group shot, but here are a few more faces. 

I really wanted to start them all out with a bit of make up, but it's so expensive here. Even after much searching I couldn't find what I was looking for in my budget. However when Matt went back to the US, he was able to get 16 color eye shadow and dual eye liner for everyone! They were so happy to get them!

The make up artist and I just wanted a small make up party. She invited 5 and so did i. All her people came but none of mine (except for one who popped her head in and out a few times because she had to be a taxi mom) managed to come. I was happy to meet two new people and make some memories with the other three moms who are newer friendships. We see each other a lot at the playground in the evenings. Overall, it went well. But I would say that party planning isn't really my thing. Too stressful for me (esp because of hosting in another language- I felt very on the spot. Haha.).