This week has been more than stressful. Tue-Fri, our boss was on vacation, so I was once again left soft of in charge (because I take the leadership) but not really in charge (because I have no official position that puts me in charge).
Tuesday went fine, no problems...
Wednesday at about 10:00 I knew we would have problems... In addition to our boss being out, two teachers were out sick. This meant that we had no extra teachers, and nobody to do any academic things in the office. Of course, this was when three new students came wanting to take their placement tests. Our secretaries and agent asked me who would do them, and I told them that because all teachers were teaching class, they would have to wait until 3:30 (when class finishes). Immediately they got angry and began yelling at me, threatening and quoting "promises" from my boss (which sounded twisted)... They said we needed to do the placement tests, the students had their money and were ready to pay, blah blah blah, yada yada yada... Rather than argue anymore, I called my boss and asked what he had told them to make them think that they could actually demand we skip lunch to do placement tests... He confirmed that what he had "promised" was on an ideal day, not every day...
In the end, I felt that I won - I stuck to the 3:30 idea... Of course, this made many people angry, I was called selfish and many other things... In the end, I think they realized it wasn't my fault, but the damage was done. Basically, over the past few months, Angela and I have been doing a lot of extra tasks for the company, but haven't gotten our pay raises from March... I have acted as head of the school with absolutely no recognition from the company. The teachers and students see my work and are quite happy, but that's where it ends.
Because of these things, we have decided that we're at the point of either see to our demands or see us out. I have given them one week to finish our contracts and give us our back pay, otherwise I will no longer do anything else other than be a teacher. I also will be asking for apologies in front of the director, otherwise I will find the door and walk our for the last time. Without sounding egotistical, Angela and I know that we are invaluable to the company, and we feel like they are using us... We'll have it no longer. We want there to be change for the better, but if there isn't, we're ready to close this door and look for another open door.