Saturday, November 28, 2020

Dining Table Done

When we found our new apartment, one of Angela's must haves was a new dining table. Our old one fit 4 people, and we've had for 13 years, so we were ready for a change. The new place has a large dining area, so we wanted a table to seat 10. Ready-made rectangular wooden tables would have cost about $750, so we decided to make it ourselves. I bough at 8.5ft x 2.5ft wood slab, cut it into a hexagon, routed (rounded) the edges and then brought it to the new place. Here, I put three coats of wood stain and three coats of clear coat. I also had a guy make metal legs for it. I paid $120 for the wood, $20 for the paint supplies and $60 for the legs - a total of $200. The result? A beautiful and unique table, we think: