Sunday, April 7, 2019

While Angela's parents were here, the shut off for our bathroom sink started leaking, and after a few tries I got it to stop leaking but it was a temporary fix. I had hoped to let it go for a while, but brilliant me pushed up the timeline.

We used the opportunity to put in a medicine cabinet we've never had and needed to replace the sink cabinet (cause the first leak pushed it over the edge of disgusting, though it was almost there before).

I got a new medicine cabinet and started drilling the holes to mount it - the first hole right into the water pipe for the bathroom! I got the pipe for the water tank, which is probably 300+ gallons. Below you can see me holding a flex pipe over the hole, forcing it down the drain and not everywhere, though it got everywhere while I was processing what I just did. 

Since the tank is drained, I decided to fix everything now, but it's Sunday so it'll have to wait for Monday morning. No hardware stores open today. I have to figure something out for showers :(

The worst part is the pipe is inside a cement wall, which I'll have to repair later too. What a (self caused) headache.