Saturday, April 27, 2019

Repairs

I've done many repairs lately at home and at the centre.

At home, the toilet wasn't flushing well. The tank is up high (to save space), so I replaced the flusher. That wasn't a big enough project, so I re-plumbed the pipe between tank and toilet. Before it weaved around the bathroom and under the sink, but this time I made the pipe go outside, down, and back in directly into the toilet. It worked perfectly but was a lot of work to measure correctly and drill through a cement wall (oh, and a lot of work to find the right parts). Now I can put in our new sink cabinet and the bathroom project will be finished. 

At the centre, the upstairs ac drain hose was leaking all over my window. The pipe that came out of the wall broke off, and it's 12 feet up, above my ac unit. I had to use a mixture of parts to fit a new pipe inside the broken off pipe (since I have no pipe to work with). This was my only option as I didn't want to break open the cement wall. Oh, and it was raining during this repair, which meant standing awkwardly on the top of my ghetto homemade 6 foot wooden ladder was all the more awkward (some might replace awkward with unsafe, but it's only unsafe if you fell off the ladder, which I didn't).

I also added a box to cover up the old sink pipes. I didn't want to remove them since at some point, the owner may want to use that sink again, so I just covered it. It also gives me a place to hide my bathroom flip flops and hand towel.

And finally I installed the table for my back classroom. I need to cover it with tile still.