Saturday, February 23, 2019

New Car!

After years of managing with 1 1/2 vehicles (car and motorbike) we decided to get a second car. We could have gotten an 8+ year old used car with 70k+ miles for $3000+, but I wanted something more reliable and problem free. We went for the basic spec cheapest car in Malaysia. It's about $6000 but lacks many basic features, but it's a new car. It doesn't have power locks, hub caps, a center console/armrest (not even a cover for the handbrake), radio or speakers and many others. It does have a 5 year warrenty, which helps justify a new car over a used car. It also (barely) fits three car seats across, though Addison and her booster are a bit tight... 

I've added a radio, armrest and hub caps, and I think it'll be a good daily driver. 

One side note, we saved and paid cash for this car - something I feel strongly about. No payments for us :)