Thursday, October 25, 2018

Goodbye

Last year, 2017, I started teaching English after school at a local Chinese school part time. It was good timing because enrollment at my centre was a bit low, so this helped our income. One class of the 3 was a bit unruly, but I managed to control them. This year I taught 4 classes, and 2 of them were very unruly. One of them I was able to control, but the 1st grade class was a mess. I got no respect from 5-10 of them, and school management didn't help much. So as my second centre opened, I politely quit teaching the 1st grade class to de-stress my life and give me more margin.

Today was my last class for the other classes, and I am relieved. I don't plan to teach there next year, as taking care of 2 centres completely on my own will be enough. Each centre will have 7-10 classes that run 1 to 1.5 hrs a week.  I expect to have 200 students between both centers. I think that'll keep me busy!

When I said goodbye, I individually blessed each kid in the last class today (11 years old), speaking blessing into their futures. Most kids said thank you, some were clueless, but one little girl caught it. Perhaps she was sad to say goodbye, or maybe being blessed touched her heart, but when I got to her, she was balling her eyes out. So cute!