The last few times biking I've tried to take what used to be my standard 1 hour route. I went under one highway underpass and through the rubber plantations and back under another. The last few times I've been unsuccessful, somehow looking back to the same underpass I started at.
Today I decided to do it backwards, sure I'd have no troubles. Well, I did. I tried many ways, buy everything didn't look familiar (12 month of overgrowth will do that). It's all unmarked trails through rubber trees, so it's tough to navigate.
I was trying.to find a way through, to where I thought.i should go, and found myself.off the trail completely and having to search for the trail. Not.lost but stuck.
I found my way out.and tried a very new feeling path. It was uphill and dense, but I could tell I was moving toward the highway (sound). Then I noticed.more than 10 monkeys overhead. Not a nice feeling, especially since uphill I'd never pedal faster if I needed to get away. I didn't stop to get out my mace, just pryed they'd leave me alone. They did, and I made it to the highway. Sadly at the T, I had the choice between two overgrown paths last and right. Since right was very downhill (meaning if it was a dead end, I'd have to ride back up), I chose left.
I came on another underpass, which turned out.to be in-between the two I knew about. Got home tired, especially since I rose.from 9:30-11:45, and the temperature was getting very hot.