Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Ride

Today was my ride.  There were about 200 participants. The ride was.only.25km, or 15 miles. I was concerned that my novice skill would leave me in the back, but apparently compared.to others here, I can keep up. It wasn't a race, but I started in the middle of the pack and I finished in the top 30. I didn't push myself, but went at a good pace. There were a few rocky uphill climbs that were tough, so most including me had to walk up, but I felt like I was able to preform well. Not.sure.if I still have a long way to go to ride well, since people here like to take their time and aren't always the best at challenges. Plus, many people smoke here, which I find counterproductive to any cardiovascular sport. Anyway, it was fun, but I now know why I like riding by myself. It's my own pace. Even once the pack spread.out, I felt others went faster/slower than me on different parts, which was odd. Notice my new name! That's a new one