Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Spent

My neighbor and business partner came over at 9 and the truck arrived at 9:30. The cement was very liquidy, which allowed at to flow down the makeshift trough and into the area. My $2 rubber boots made spreading easy. Spreading and floating (running a 2x4 across to make it level) was easier than expected. By 11 it was all even. Then my neighbor went home and I smoothed out the surface. First with a makeshift bull float (can't get them here, so I attached a thin price of plywood to a wooden pole) as you can see below, then with the metal trowel an hour later (would do it sooner in the future). The surface is nice, definitely good enough for tile. I finished cleaning up at about 4, and I was definitely tired. Stull have two classes to teach and a story to make for Addison's school's storytelling class tomorrow...

The project was nice as I got.to chat with my neighbor and the cement truck driver. The concrete truck driver told me that he's delivered concrete to highway projects where they used the same zinc roofing that I used for my ghetto cement chute, just a lot longer and bigger (probably better made). Mine leaked some, but not enough to have to rebuild it. I just put some boards underneath and kept on going.