Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Shortcut found.... Or made

I took my first bike ride since we've been back today, and it was off to find the shortcut I couldn't find back in November. I tried one way, knowing the road I wanted was a hundred feet away, but it was too overgrown (and I later found that there was a barb wire fence in the way too). I ran into a lady looking for her phone. It fell out of her pocket while clearing the area near the palm trees. She didnt know her phone number, which made things hard, plus she spoke no English and broken Malay. Finally she remembered someone's phone number and called them with my phone, and that person called her phone. We found the phone and I went on my way.
I pushed through, literally, and found the road to connect. Later I'll have to take a machete and clear a path through next time, which will make things easier next time.