Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Growing Heart

Lately, Addison has been really growing - in her heart.  Her desire to be responsible has grown a lot.  She is doing so much better picking up her toys, being polite, and listening to us, which are all small thing, but for those who have little kids, it's their way to show they are responsible.

Another thing that really made me proud was she requested to watch some dance songs on her iPad before sleeping.  I found a 10 minute video and propped the iPad up in her bed.  A side-note - Addison is completely fluent with the iPad.  She can unlock it, open things, change things, search for her videos, and much more.  A year ago, I would sometimes leave the iPad in her room, locked with music on for her to sleep to.  I often caught her playing on it after leaving her room (and it was locked!).  Last night and tonight, she was told to turn it off after she finished the video, and that's exactly what she did.  When I commended her for being responsible, she grinned very proudly.  Inside our hearts, her parents grin too.  Perhaps you had to just be there.