Saturday, October 31, 2015

No Power

This is our second day with no power. Yesterday it was out from 7pm to 11PM. Today the notice said 2:30 to 6 (which was sent after they cut the power)  its 6 now and its still not bqck on (culturally here they always underestimate whereas in the us they usually overestimate.) 

The bad is its super hot, and today is the last day of pre-registration. The good is I found out my access card system at my centre is SO good it locks everyone inside when the power goes out. Haha. The fire department didn't knoq that when they passed me. Gotta get that fixed. Needless to say Until further notice I've disconnected it.

Even with the power outage I'm now at 70 students registered for 2016. My goal is 160, but to put things in perspective, we started 2015 with 75 and ended with 100. And remember it's OCTOBER 2015.

Our school holiday program is at 27 of 75 spots. So we're doing well. I am still hoping to get the city council approval soon so I can advertise. Without it I can't put up a proper sign or put banners around the town to advertise (which is how people advertise in a small town).