Sunday, October 18, 2015

Letting Go


I was just sharing these thoughts with someone dear to me when afterwards I felt strongly I wanted to share it here too. 

We just gave away Addison's small size clothes. I have been looking forward for so long to move more possessions out of my house. Now that the clothes are really gone, I'm surprised how difficult it feels to let go of our amazing collection of cute girl clothes. I wasn't expecting these feelings. BUT this is all just adding to my big themes this year of running to the prize... The letting go of things that feel important but really aren't... trying to instead grasp on to my given priorities.  Purging isn't just a process of getting rid of belongings. It's all part of becoming transformed. Sometimes you just need things like lost wedding rings and tubs and tubs of cute baby clothes that no longer belong to you to help you get to a better inner place. Maybe some of you can relate.