Well, last week we had ups and downs. I was greeted on wednesday with Angela saying her engagement ring wasn't on her finger and she had no idea where it was. We spent the day looking to no avail. I reported it with my insurance company and an adjuster called back later that night and a check was on its way (which more than covered the cost of the ring. Angela's ring is custom made, and it took about 9 months to get it remade after the original was damaged during our motorcycle accident in 2006. We didn't want to go through that again, especially being overseas. We told neighbors, etc., and the 'best' logical place it could have gone missing was in the trash she took out that morning, and was taken that morning.
This morning we walked Addison to school and on the way back Angela shrieked. There was her ring, in the grass, outside the school. I had searched the school grounds, but I hadn't looked in this spot, where Angela cut across the grass.
So the ring is found. They say you should appreciate the small things, but you should also appreciate the big things too :)