Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cleaning Up

So yesterday morning we took Addison to the park to play, and when we got there, I had the thought I have every time - someone really should pick up ALL this trash.  Since they put in a new slide, see-saw, and trash can a few months ago, it seems they have never emptied the trash can, and kids now leave trash all over the ground. 

Being a firm believer of not just complaining about a problem but doing something about it, I got trash gabs and picked up as much as I could.  A few hours and 3 full trash bags later, the majority of the trash was picked up (including hundreds of cigarette butts).  I hope it stays nice, especially since I emptied out the trash can (which stunk terribly), but I have the feeling I'll be making this a monthly routine.

In other news, it's now Ramadan, the fasting month.  We've made a goal to make cookies and other goodies for neighbors to enjoy every few days.  Angela made some yummy cappuccino chocolate chip cookies on Friday.  The month usually means things are a bit slower in the neighbourhood and at work.

My work contract ends in September, and they have not decided whether they want to renew it or not.  We were told they'd let us know in June, but it's now July...  Hoping to hear soon.  The school year/project is winding down.  We have most of the final paperwork due at the end of July, and then after that we are still helping the teachers, but the paperwork side of our job will be mostly finished.

Well, that's all for now...