Sunday, May 26, 2013

Visiting our Friends and an Overnight

We had an extra long weekend this weekend due to a public holiday (and the next two weeks are school holidays, so I've got 2 weeks off work).  We left on Friday and went to visit our friends who we met back in 2006.  We stayed the night with them and came back on Saturday.  At first, Addison was overwhelmed (and the last time we saw this family, their youngest was rough with Addison, so she probably remembered that and was a bit scared).  After a few hours she warmed up, especially to their oldest daughter.

The visit was fun, and it was nice to spend more than just a few hours with the family as usual.  One thing that put a damper on the trip was about 20 minutes after we left the house on Friday, we realized we forgot Addison's porta-crib.  We didn't want to be even later, so we just decided to try without it.  Well, normally for bedtime, Addison just gets put in her bed after milk and she puts herself to sleep in 10-15 minutes.  Without the bed, though, we had to get her to fall asleep with us in the room.  Angela tried for 15 minutes to no avail, so daddy had to try.  I tried for about 15 minutes, but she just kept wanting to walk around the dark room and lay down, then get up and lay down.  Finally, I picked her up and help her so she couldn't move (despite her protests) and after about 5 minutes, she settled down and gave up...  That wasn't the end though, cause I put her down on the blanket on the floor and let her sleep.  When I checked on her 15 minutes later, she was on the other side of the room (still sleeping).  That night, I slept on the floor next to her and we put bags and stuff around her to keep her contained.  Many times during the night I was woken up by a foot in the face :).  Once, I woke up to find her under the bed mommy was sleeping on :)  We survived, though...  Here are some pictures from the trip, and a video of Addison getting a ride: