Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Longer, more intentional days
Well, I am fully into studying. It's been so long since I've studied, and this program will take a lot of self-discipline. Basically, there are four 8-hour days of class, and then you spend the next three months reading and writing a large paper. I'm not a huge reader, so it it will take determination to stick with this. So far it's not been too bad, but I'm only on the first week. I have 51 more to go (the program is 4 modules, each taking 3 months, and then a final discertation that will take 3-6 months). Basically, my goal is to spend 3 hours each day reading books, journals, etc. related to the topic. The current topic is Issues in Leadership. It's really nice to be in a class with a range of people, mostly western (US, UK) people, but there are some others as well. I do another two days of class this weekend... joy!