Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 6 - Close Ups

Before discharging from the hospital, the doc was a bit concerned with jaundice for Addison. They did a blood test, and the levels were ok, so they discharged us. When Matt's teacher came over the 2nd day home, she brought her neice who is a nurse. She said Addison was a bit jaundice, but nothing alarming. In the morning of the third day, before the teacher and her niece came over, I woke up in the morning and set up a chair in the kitchen. We had noticed a slight bit of yellow in Addison's eyes the night before. The morning sun comes into the kitchen well, so I sat and hung out with her. We spent about an hour and a half together. After our time, she fed for over an hour - and she fed well!

I love the first picture - it looks like she's praying. We're praying for her non-stop.

Also, you can see her hair is getting lighter. We are guessing her hair will turn blond and eyes will lighten to blue in the next few months.