Addison has now allowed Matt to reunite himself with a friend he made 9 years ago.
I met Yie at a university when I visited Malaysia back in 2002. We stayed in touch over the years, but since being in Malaysia since 2008, we've only seen each other 2 times. The second time was 3 years ago - just after we bought our motorbike (which now seems like forever ago). We' texted and called every month or two, but despite being less than an hour away, we haven't hung out.
Then, about a year and a half ago, my phone broke and I lost many numbers, including Yie's. I waited and waited, with no luck. Finally out of no where, he called in March... Still, despite the excitement to be reunited over the phone, I didn't put in enough effort to get together.
Well, along came Addison. Yie HAD to see me. He bought a nice baby gift and visited us this morning. It was like old times... He's a great guy, and he now considers Addison his niece. Here are parts of texts from him after leaving the hospital:
I met Yie at a university when I visited Malaysia back in 2002. We stayed in touch over the years, but since being in Malaysia since 2008, we've only seen each other 2 times. The second time was 3 years ago - just after we bought our motorbike (which now seems like forever ago). We' texted and called every month or two, but despite being less than an hour away, we haven't hung out.
Then, about a year and a half ago, my phone broke and I lost many numbers, including Yie's. I waited and waited, with no luck. Finally out of no where, he called in March... Still, despite the excitement to be reunited over the phone, I didn't put in enough effort to get together.
Well, along came Addison. Yie HAD to see me. He bought a nice baby gift and visited us this morning. It was like old times... He's a great guy, and he now considers Addison his niece. Here are parts of texts from him after leaving the hospital:
"Miss my new niece... have u arriced home already? Is Angela n Addison ok?"
"Can u send Addison's pic also? Just want to see her so I will always remember her face."
Matt's no longer the one getting held!