Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Perfect Fit, Accidentally

The kitchen is closer to being completed. I got most of the floor trip and moulding put on, so now I just have the aluminum backing behind the fridge to buy and put up and a bit of black painting to do. The newest addition is our oven. We've had an old toaster over for 3 years, and the timer is not working anymore, so we upgraded to a new one. The old one fit 9x9 pans or maybe 9x11 (which don't really exist), but the new one fits 9x13 pans and has a roticery bar that can make chickens, etc. on it. This funny (now at least) thing is I didn't measure the width, but had already made the oven cabinet (out of the countertop cut for the sink) and the new oven fit BARELY... there's 1/4" on each side... I guess it's perfect :) or I'm lucky... It looks great. I still need to paint the shelf black and put in the lower shelf, but here it is so far: