I'm glad to finally get to add text on here - right now my internet so very slow, so pictures and videos aren't really an option. It's as slow as dial up! I am sitting in a rest house in the town we will be moving to. I am "working hard" finding somewhere to live... Actually, we have picked a location of where we want to live, but right now there is only a two story house open. We would really like a 1 story house as the stairs don't interest us, but the neighborhood is great. We've already met 4 or 5 families, Angela would be very safe and surrounded by other non working mothers, and there are TONS of kids! The area is in a good central location for the schools I will need to go to. So I'm just waiting as a friend is asking around to find out when a house might be ready to rent. What's nice is I actually don't need the house for another week and a half, but it would be nice to move in earlier so I can do any painting, etc. that needs to be done.
I met with one principal last week from one of my schools. She was a nice lady... I will be working at 5 schools, 2 of which are in one town, 2 in another town, and the 5th in a small village out in the jungle... I will be on a team with 4 other foreign teachers (who each have 5 schools as well). So far, 3 of those teachers live about an hour north of my town. If I drive about an hour south, we are back in the city area, and our old apartment is about an hour and 20 minutes away. This means shopping, etc. is very easy. Also, 3 of my schools are very close to the train station, which goes back to the city in about an hour.
Chinese New Year is coming up... A lot of people like to travel during this time, so we plan to stay off the roads... We have a possible dinner this Friday to celebrate CNY.
Well, that's all my blahing for now...