Well, the months of stress is finally coming to a close. Our boss is back from Canada, so I am able to relax a bit more. It was a good opportunity, but of course it made my life a bit busier. I was supposed to not have a class this month due to myself being our “extra” teacher, but one of the teachers has been sick for about two weeks, so things were shifted, and I’m teaching a lower level class.
We have 10 levels at our school, 1 being beginner and 10 being advanced. I’ve taught 5,7,8,9,10 and enjoy 7+. Less than 7 actually is quite boring for me, and I don’t really like it… I’ve always requested to my boss to only teach 7 and higher (which is the opposite of other teachers – they hate the higher levels). I am teaching 3 this month due to the other teacher being sick. I have good students, but it is tiring as with low English students activities are shorter…
Related to work… We have had a restructuring at work. Before we had our boss and then all of the teachers below him. Some teachers had extra “duties” but that was it… Because the school is growing, we have restructured a bit. We now have our boss, three assistants (if you want to say it like that), 4 senior teachers, and then regular teachers. It’s a good restructuring, but it opens the door for jealousy. I am one of the three assistants and Angela is one of the senior teachers, which is good for us, but of course there have been some problems with the other teachers…
One of the issues is that it hasn’t been clearly defined that this is our new hierarchy – perhaps to not rub it in anyone’s face… Although it’s not good to rub it in anyone’s face, I do feel it necessary so people can see where they stand. We’ve had some issues with people not taking suggestions from those “higher” than them…