One of the questions before we came to Malaysia was with health insurance. Angela and I both need medical coverage due to needed medications, etc., and our biggest expense is actually our monthly health insurance. We are currently using our previous insurance through COBRA, but that runs out at the end of Feb (max 18 months). My part time job this week has been looking into new insurance companies, plans, etc. I have made headway, perhaps. Before we were looking at a 30+% increase in rates, but not we have a few options that could make it a 17-35% decrease in rates. This is still to be determined. All this to say, I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone checking out different options... Tiring...
To add to this, our current insurance is batting .000! I have submitted 4 major claims to them, and ALL four have been incorrectly paid. The first had rejected charges for one reason, the second had rejected charges for another reason. The third was actually paid to the hospital (not to me, and I had already paid the hospital). The fourth was yet another issue... They used the wrong exchange rate (resulting in me getting a check that was about 50% or the correct amount).
Sometimes I wish people could do their jobs. To me, it doesn't seem like it should be so difficult to process a claim in ENGLISH, but the international claims department likes to make my life "interesting."
