Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meeting Another Old Friend

When I was here back in 2003, I spent some time working for an IT/Programming company here.


Some of the guys I worked with I have kept in touch with. Yesterday Angela and I traveled to meet him for the afternoon/evening. We met him and his wife, his son, and some of their parents. We hung out and had dinner. It was good to connect with him - they are really friendly and easy to get along with. Their son has a hidden talent - spinning a kid potty (see video below).

Also, while we were out, we went to a grocery store here that we had heard sold more "American" groceries. Sure enough, Lipton, Philadelphia, and other US brands were one their shelves (the prices were quite high, however). They even had (for you Oregon folks reading) Umpqua Ice Cream! We picked up some Reese's candy as normally all you can get is M&M's, Snickers, and Mars...